Just about to start on my first wave serpent. Any thoughts or tips on building this model? I know that you sent me a few vid links a while back regarding magnetising? I am trying to get better at this but you appear to be the master! ;-)
I end up gluing magnets to my hands the sofa, the bench anywhere apart from where I want them!
OK, here are my top magnetising tips that are not in any of my videos:
1) Make sure that all surfaces to be glued are as flat as possible
2) Get a stick (or paint brush) and stick a piece of Blu-Tack to the end, make the Blu-Tack into a point that is smaller than the actual magnet, so that the glue does not go onto the Blu-Tack
3) Work out which way round the magnet needs to be glued on and place the opposite end facing up on a table
4) Lightly pick it up with the Blu-Tack
5) Put the Super Glue onto the magnet and not onto the model
6) Gentle hold the magnet into position with the stick and wait a couple of second (I blow on it, but I don't know if this really does anything)
7) Gentle twist the stick so that the Blu-Tack comes off without pulling the magnet off
8) If you need to touch the magnet to re-adjust it before it dries, or maybe to put some pressure on it to make sure it's flat, use the edge of your finger nail and not your finger skin.
9) TOP TIP and one I need to often remember myself! Do not touch the magnet or try to magnetise it to another one until it is fully dry. Even though it's 'super glue' just leave it alone for a while to let it fully bond. I find this hard and sometimes try it out too early, messing up the work I have done and having to start it again
10) Make sure you do it in a peace and quite environment so you can concentrate, and so that no one can see when you glue it to the sofa, or in my case, when it pings off and glues to the radiator!
Think that's it, hope it helps
Only Two Days Left For Free Guilliman & Prospero Minis! - [image: Guilliman Gathering Storm model] Don't miss this chance to get a FREE Guilliman model or the new Primarch Triumvirate box set, and Burning of Pro...
1 hour ago